Campus Degree Options in Arkansas (AR)
Arkansas Careers for a Growing Economy
Arkansas consistently ranks in the top half of Forbes Magazine's annual rating of every state's economic growth potential. The state enjoys an unemployment rate lower than the national average and industries such as business, health care, education, and technology are leading an economic expansion. Corporations such as Wal-Mart and Tyson Foods that call the state home are also giving a boost to the state's economy and job markets are beginning to stabilize around metropolitan areas such as Little Rock.
Arkansas Careers on the Rise
Arkansas projects that occupational fields such as nursing, engineering, accounting, and information technology should experience good job markets through 2016 for qualified applicants. Popular Arkansas careers expected to expand during this period include:
- Registered Nurses
- Petroleum Engineers
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Secondary School Teachers
Arkansas' surveys forecast that as many as 6600 registered nursing positions and 1500 secondary school teaching jobs could be added by 2016.
Let Arkansas Schools Help Prepare You for a Rewarding Career
The U.S. Census Bureau reports that about 19 percent of Arkansas' residents have a Bachelor's degree and approximately 6 percent have advanced degrees. Earning a college degree from one of the state's many colleges and universities may not only help you compete for a good career. It might make you stand out from the pack.
If you have a demanding schedule, it may be worth your while to try one of the online degree programs offered by many Arkansas schools. Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) shows the estimated mean annual salary in 2009 for an accountant in Arkansas was $52,490 and computer system analysts earned about $61,700 during the same period.
- Diesel Technology
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- CNC Machining & Manufacturing
- Automotive Technology
- 70+ years of helping students start careers in Health Sciences, Business & Information Technology, Automotive, Skilled Trades, and more.
- This year, Lincoln schools around the country have made more than $15 million in scholarship funds available to qualified students.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media, and offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- Schools include Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England, with 30 campuses in 15 states across the U.S.
- Financial Aid
- Aims to prepare students for a successful career in the Barbering/Hair Stylist industry.
- Students can gain real-world experience through the school’s public salon.
- With classes starting weekly, students can begin their program as soon as they’re ready.
- The Barber/Hair Stylist and Teacher/ Manager/ Instructor programs are available.
- 3 campus locations are available throughout Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Culinary Arts program includes the 3-week Farm To Table® Experience, where students gain a direct, in-depth look at where food comes from.
- Numerous scholarship opportunities and financial aid are available to students who qualify.
- Accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), and the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 2 campuses located in Boulder, Colorado and Austin, Texas.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- A Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business since 1973, with an A+ rating.
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 3 campuses located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Jacksonville, Florida, and Houston, Texas.
- Financial Aid
- Designated a Military Friendly School by Victoria Media in 2015.
- Offers various scholarship opportunities to military students who qualify.
- Provides programs in Allied Healthcare, Information Technology, Cosmetology, HVAC, Business, Massage Therapy and Veterinary Technology.
- Institutionally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), with online accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 6 campuses across Texas, with a campus in Las Cruces, New Mexico and online.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1968.
- Founded in 1954, it has been providing corporate training solutions in the private sector for 60 years.
- Offers programs in HVAC training, Computer Technology, Medical Assisting, and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Kansas State Board of Regents (KBOR).
- Main campus is located in Wichita, Kansas, with 4 additional branch campuses.
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits