Liberal Arts & Humanities Degrees and Programs Offered in California (CA)
Liberal arts and humanities degrees in California can lead to careers in advertising, television, government, human resources, journalism, marketing and more. With these broad-based degrees, you have a chance to widen your knowledge in the subjects that interest you, all while improving your personal marketability for a career. Take the next step in your education today.
Liberal arts and humanities degrees in California
Depending on your degree and interests, a range of careers are possible with liberal arts and humanities degrees in California. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, mean annual wages from 2009 for popular liberal arts and humanities careers include:
- Reporters and Correspondents: $43,250
- Advertising Sales Agents: $57,720
- Technical Writers: $79,880
- Public Relations Specialists: $66,690
Earning a degree in liberal arts and humanities can lead the way to a growing career. According to the California Employment Development Department, the years 2008 through 2018 will see a 11.6 percent growth in job opportunities for administrative services managers, a 13.7 percent growth for community and social services occupations, and an 8.6 percent growth for advertising sales agents. Learn more about liberal arts and humanities degrees in California, and find out how you can broaden your mind as you prepare for a rewarding career.
- Founded over 60 years ago on the principles of inclusion and social justice.
- Offers credit for previous life and work experience.
- Equipped with over 17,000 titles in their library.
- Has 3 semesters and 6 start dates a year.
- Located in Pasadena, CA, with instructional sites in Sacramento, Salinas, Santa Cruz, and Visalia as well as online options.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Flexible Scheduling
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits