Education Degrees and Programs Offered in Georgia (GA)
Four-year education degrees in Georgia offer a variety of courses, whether you are considering teaching kindergarten, elementary, middle or secondary school. In early learning classes you acquire the skills and knowledge to teach basic skills. For higher grades of education you can specialize in a particular subject such as history, geography or Spanish.
You must also complete a teaching internship before graduating in order to be eligible to apply for your state teaching license. Education degrees in Georgia offer a wide range of classes both on campus or online. Online classes offer a number of advantages including no traveling expenses, flexible hours and lower tuition fees.
Good communication skills, the ability to inspire and motivate and creative thinking are all invaluable personal skills that can enhance your teaching career.
Opportunities with education degrees in Georgia
The U.S. Census Bureau reports the population of Georgia to be approximately 9,829,211 in 2009. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in the same year, the state of Georgia employed 276,240 people in the field of education, training and library occupations. The most highly employed areas of teaching were middle and elementary school teachers. According to the Georgia Department of Labor, in 2010, the mean annual salary for middle school teachers was $51,900, and for elementary school teachers was $52,400.
- Ranked among the 2015 Best Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report.
- Ranked among the 2015 Best Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News & World Report.
- Challenging students to live extraordinary lives of personal and professional fulfillment since 1878.
- Offers programs in business, communication, education, humanities, fine arts, health sciences, and graduate studies.
- Provides on-campus housing options and study abroad programs for students.
- Campus features several academic centers for students, including The Writing Center and the Study Place for Achievement (SPA).
- Flexible Scheduling
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Ranked among the Best Colleges in the South in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Ranked the 13th Best College for Veterans in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- A private institution founded in 1977 with a current total undergraduate enrollment of over 15,00.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 12:1, and 89.3% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Has students attend one class at a time to ensure easy access to faculty and a more hands-on education.