Law & Criminal Justice Degrees and Programs Offered in Georgia (GA)
Experts in the fields of criminal justice and law enforcement are always in demand, and Georgia is no exception. If you are interested in a career in the legal practice, law enforcement or public safety, you may want to consider law and criminal justice degrees in Georgia. This is a broad field and includes careers such as police officers, sheriffs, probation officers, parole officers, juvenile corrections officers, forensic scientists and cyber crime investigators.
Law and criminal justice degrees in GA needed for some careers
The Georgia Department of Labor projects there will be 410 new positions for lawyers, 120 new positions for police and sheriff's patrol officers, and 290 positions for correctional officers and jailers throughout the state in 2011.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, as of May 2009 the mean annual salary for a lawyer in Georgia was $142,900. Police and sheriff's patrol officers made $39,370 and correctional officers and jailers made $30,160.
- Legal Studies (BS)
- Available programs include B.S. and M.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Legal Studies, and A.S. in Paralegal Studies.
- Accreditation for the Legal Studies and Paralegal Studies programs by the American Bar Association (ABA) at select campuses.
- Criminal Justice and Legal Studies programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Committed to excellence in education since 1916 with a rich history of helping students find successful careers.
- Offers more than 50 programs including criminal justice, technology, business, and more.
- Its fully-accredited campuses offer day, evening, and online classes.
- Provides tutoring at no additional charge to assist during stressful times.
- Revises curriculum continually to keep pace with improvements in technology and the increasing needs of business and industry.