Campus Degree Options in Maine (ME)
Maine Job Market: A Degree Expands Your Options
Four key industries drive Maine's economy: paper making, health care, tourism and energy (wind, solar, and tidal). Health care has been the state's fastest-growing sector for some time and should continue to be. Newer, growing sectors are renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Fastest-Growing Maine Careers
The industries expected to grow the fastest and gain the most Maine jobs between 2008 and 2018 include health care and social assistance, primarily ambulatory health care services and hospitals. Two others are educational services, and professional and business services--mostly scientific, technical, administrative, and support services.
As far as specific Maine jobs, those with the fastest projected rates of growth, from most to least, along with their median annual wages from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, include:
- Network systems and data communications analysts, $73,250
- Medical scientists, except epidemiologists, $74,590
- Financial examiners, $71,750
Maine Degrees: Why Pursue One
Having an associate's or bachelor's degree may help position you well in the job market and may lead to higher pay. This is particularly true in Maine, where nearly two-thirds of net job growth is forecast in occupations for which some form of post-secondary education is required. Also, nearly half of job growth is expected in occupations that had an average wage of $20 per hour or more in 2009. If you choose to pursue a degree, you have school options. You may attend one of the Maine schools that offer traditional, campus-based programs or study through an online school.
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- Dedicated to highly-focused career training that teaches students the skills they need to enter a new job field since 1995.
- Enables students to complete programs in massage therapy, dental assisting, and more in as little as 9 months.
- Provides career services including referrals, networking tools, and assistance navigating the online job search process.
- Offers dedicated career-focused programs in the classroom, as well as real-world learning through internships and externships.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Automotive Technology
- Encompasses the Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England brands.
- Lincoln schools made more than $15 million available nationally through scholarships to qualified students in 2015.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media; offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- First Lincoln Tech campus opened in 1946; now 30 campuses in 15 states across the United States.
- Campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), Accrediting Commission of Career Schools (ACCSC), Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), and New England Association of Schools and Colleges – Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC)
- Financial Aid
- Provides a student-centered approach to nail technician, cosmetology, manicuring and esthetics training where students learn from dedicated instructors.
- Offers a job shadow program, in which prospective students may spend time on campus to sit in on classes, observe current students practice technique, and determine which program is best for them.
- Has 5 campuses across Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- Gives students the chance to gain professional experience at campus-owned health and beauty clinics.
- Financial Aid