Campus Degree Options in Nevada (NV)
Work in Cutting-Edge Tech with Nevada Online and Campus Degrees
Nevada, nicknamed The Silver State, is more than a silver lining: Nevada is gold. Nevada thrives on its diversity and prides itself on its cultural, arts, and entertainment options. From the twinkling lights of Las Vegas and Reno to the wide open spaces underneath the endless desert sky, there's something for everyone here.
Major industries in Nevada include clean energy, manufacturing, business and financial services, and biotechnology. The state's forward-thinking legislation and tax laws encourage growth, and a broad range of career options exists for individuals exploring the Nevada job market.
The Nevada Job Market
According to information from the Nevada Commission on Economic Development, clean energy is the fastest growing industry in Nevada. The state's plentiful natural resources, high-tech companies, and research centers support opportunities in this sector. Nevada has an assertive renewable portfolio standard that requires all public utilities to generate 25 percent of their electricity from renewable energy resources by 2025, with at least 6 percent from solar energy through 2016-2025. According to the latest statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median wage for workers in Nevada energy careers was $58,970 in 2007.
Nevada Careers: Education Is Important
Because more than 20 percent of Nevada's residents hold a bachelor's degree or higher, education is an important factor in the state's job market. There are approximately 20 colleges in Nevada, ranging from technical schools to community colleges to universities to research schools, so students have lots of options for Nevada degrees. Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics suggests that long-term, on-the-job training is essential for careers in Nevada's growing clean energy industry, but those who have worked in traditional power industries will find their skills are transferable.
- Features a public clinic at all campuses where students can get real-world experience.
- Located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Proud to be a part of the Steiner Education Group (SEG), a division of Steiner Leisure Ltd. which has operations on more than 200 spas and salons worldwide.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET).
• Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media.
• Offers several aviation maintenance programs, including engineering, electronics, helicopter, and avionics technology.
• Tutoring and advising services are available to students at no additional cost.
• Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
• 11 campuses across the United States, with locations in California, Virginia, Texas, Indianapolis, Florida, and more.Show more [+]
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Students can obtain experience and expertise in the latest cosmetology procedures and techniques, plus the salon business skills needed to put their talents to use.
- Offers cosmetology training to prepare students for a career as a professional stylist, skin care specialist, image consultant, make up technician, and more.
- Each campus features a public salon and spa for student practice.
- The Milan Institute has successfully graduated over 25,000 students since 1985.
- Part of the family-owned Milan Institute school group.
- 8 campuses across California, Texas, Nevada, and Idaho, in addition to 11 Milan Institute campuses.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid