Law & Criminal Justice Degrees and Programs Offered in Ohio (OH)
Law and criminal justice degrees in Ohio make the best education choice if you want to enter law enforcement or even law school. Not that law and criminal justice degrees in OH are the only degree choices you have, but pursuing one shows that you're serious about your career choice.
Law and criminal justice degrees in Ohio as a starting point
Finding a job in law enforcement requires patience. Admission to law school requires good grades in your undergrad studies, as well as a good score on your LSAT exam. For some of the more prominent jobs, here is the salary and job growth information, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and Ohio Department of Jobs and Families.
Police and sheriff's patrol officers: As of May 2009 mean annual salary in Ohio was $52,240, but with just 0.2 percent projected growth between 2008 and 2018, it is best to try to get into an agency as soon as possible as it may take a few years.
Lawyers: The mean annual salary as of May 2009 was $105,520, with 4.5 percent projected job growth between 2008 and 2018.
Probation officers and correctional treatment specialists: In May 2009 the BLS reported the mean annual salary for these occupations was $47,070. The Ohio Department of Jobs and Families reported 8.6 percent projected growth for these jobs between 2008 and 2018.
- Available programs include B.S. and M.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Legal Studies, and A.S. in Paralegal Studies.
- Accreditation for the Legal Studies and Paralegal Studies programs by the American Bar Association (ABA) at select campuses.
- Criminal Justice and Legal Studies programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Please call on 844-252-4552 to talk to a respresentative.
- Financial Aid