Vocational Degrees and Programs Offered in Ohio (OH)
Vocational degrees in Ohio have been growing in popularity for many different occupations in the state. Some fields require vocational degrees in Ohio for professional licensing, while others prefer them. Some require or prefer various certifications for licensure.
Vocational degrees in OH and job placement
Not all technical jobs have a good future: Some are actually shrinking fast in the Buckeye State and may completely disappear. However, several occupations are still on the upswing, projected to experience strong growth, and are found in several different industries. The following three jobs have moderate mean annual salaries and strong to moderate projected growth, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Ohio Department of Jobs and Families:
Heating, AC, & refrigeration mechanics/installers: In May 2009 the mean annual salary in Ohio for these jobs was $46,290, with 24 percent growth projected between 2008 and 2018, This is among the fastest growing occupations in the state.
Medical equipment repairers: The May 2009 reported mean annual salary was $49,370. Projected growth for the 2008 to 2018 period is 19.6 percent.
Heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers: As of May 2009 the mean annual salary for truck drivers in this category was $39,180, with 12 percent projected growth between 2008 and 2018.
- Collision Repair and Refinishing
- 70+ years of helping students start careers in Health Sciences, Business & Information Technology, Automotive, Skilled Trades, and more.
- This year, Lincoln schools around the country have made more than $15 million in scholarship funds available to qualified students.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media, and offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- Schools include Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England, with 30 campuses in 15 states across the U.S.
- Financial Aid
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Please call on 844-252-4552 to talk to a respresentative.
- Financial Aid