Campus Degree Options in Wisconsin (WI)
Wisconsin Careers: Employment Outlook in the Badger State
Wisconsin ranks 23rd for the lowest cost of living for the 3rd quarter in 2010. Wisconsin is also a great place to build your career in several growing industries: health care, education and information technology. Jobs within this field are changing and growing rapidly due to the need for replacements of retiree positions and changes to skills and applications within the fields.
WI: The Job Market
A popular and growing Wisconsin career is computer software engineers--applications. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 9,490 employed in this field in 2009, and it is expected to increase by 2,240 jobs by 2016. The median annual salary for computer software engineers was $75,750 in 2009, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In 2009, there were 21,140 employed as home health aides in Wisconsin. This field is expected to have a large increase of 8,410 jobs by 2018. The median annual salary for home health aides was $21,910 in 2009.
Wisconsin Schools and Education
Personal and home care aides need no formal education--training is provided by registered nurses. However, you have the choice to become licensed. You must complete a bachelor's degree for entry-level technology and education careers in Wisconsin. In 2009, there Wisconsin schools can provide you with the hands-on training, skills and techniques for your chosen career path. You can find technology schools both on campus and online. Education programs in Wisconsin can be found on-campus.
- Students may get real-world experience at each campus's public massage therapy spas.
- Career assistance services are available to help students plan, prepare and promote their careers, from placement assistance to career fairs to resume help.
- Programs are designed to prepare graduates to work in clinics, hospitals, health clubs, spas, resorts, sports therapy clinics, or start their own private practices.
- Massage therapy school with 11 locations across the country.
- Financial Aid
- Fashion Merchandising (AA)
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits