Online Music Degrees and Careers
Musicians are multi-talented individuals; not only may they play any number of instruments, but they may also compose songs and sing. The flexibility of the profession means that musicians can be solo performers or members of a group; they can perform on the stage or in studios; and they can also perform in concert halls, theatres, on television shows or on movie soundtracks. Whether you're a classically trained opera singer or a member of a local garage band, a Broadway musical theatre star or a wanna-be contestant on American Idol, a career in music can be very rewarding.
Education and Career Opportunities in Music
Musicians require years of training and practice--not to mention long hours of rehearsal each week--to sharpen their professional skills. Many musicians decide to pursue their formal training in a college or university music degree program, or in a music conservatory. In most cases, you are required to audition to gain a spot in a university or conservatory music program. A typical music degree course covers music theory, music interpretation, composition, conducting and performance.
Job prospects and salaries for those with degrees in music are promising. The variety of music jobs in the field include:
- Performers and singers
- Music directors and composers
- Post-secondary school music teachers
If you're considering a career in music education, those positions usually require a master's or PhD degree to teach advanced music courses in colleges and universities, while a bachelor's degree may be sufficient to teach elementary and secondary school.
- Degrees include Media Communications (BS), New Media Journalism (MA), and Creative Writing for Entertainment (BFA)
- Students learn skills necessary for a career in communications like marketing strategy, multimedia reporting, storytelling, and more
- Courses designed to teach students how to get consumer’s attention with effective communication strategies across multiple platforms
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain real-world experience
- Online Courses
- Students are issued a new laptop at the beginning of their programs.
- All online services and study materials are available 24/7, with faculty available five days a week.
- All programs available online, with the MBA program offered on campus in Salt Lake City.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), with programmatic accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Approved by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2010.
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits