Online Theater Arts Degrees and Careers
Theater arts professionals include actors, producers and directors. Actors perform in stage, radio, television, video or movie productions. These theater artists may also work in nightclubs, theme parks and other entertainment venues. Directors oversee all of a production's creative elements. They review scripts, audition and select cast members, conduct rehearsals, and direct cast and crew. Producers are the behind-the-scenes people who make many of the business and financial decisions. They select the scripts, manage the financing, and hire the directors, actors and other production staff.
Education and Career Opportunities in Theater Arts
Whether you choose to be an actor, producer, director or crew member, there's never a dull moment. Many students interested in theater arts consider earning their theater arts degrees from an acting conservatory or a university program. Many may want to pursue online degrees in theater arts or to continue their theater arts training and go on to receive a Master of Fine Arts degree.
If you're an in-demand actor or hot producer or director, the sky's the limit when it comes to salary. For the rest of the steadily working theater arts professionals, they can expect the following annual salaries--according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Actors $33,696
- Producers and directors $66,720
The entertainment industry is unpredictable at best--you can be working steadily for years on a TV show or play and all of a sudden be looking for work the next day. It's the energy, creativity and uncertainty of the profession that attracts people to the field.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Ranked among top Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked 37th among the Best Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Stands as the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation with 100,000+ students.
- Offers over 230 programs online, from the certificate to the doctoral level.
- Has a student-faculty ratio of 25:1, and 42.3% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits