Online Theater Arts Degrees and Careers
Theater arts professionals include actors, producers and directors. Actors perform in stage, radio, television, video or movie productions. These theater artists may also work in nightclubs, theme parks and other entertainment venues. Directors oversee all of a production's creative elements. They review scripts, audition and select cast members, conduct rehearsals, and direct cast and crew. Producers are the behind-the-scenes people who make many of the business and financial decisions. They select the scripts, manage the financing, and hire the directors, actors and other production staff.
Education and Career Opportunities in Theater Arts
Whether you choose to be an actor, producer, director or crew member, there's never a dull moment. Many students interested in theater arts consider earning their theater arts degrees from an acting conservatory or a university program. Many may want to pursue online degrees in theater arts or to continue their theater arts training and go on to receive a Master of Fine Arts degree.
If you're an in-demand actor or hot producer or director, the sky's the limit when it comes to salary. For the rest of the steadily working theater arts professionals, they can expect the following annual salaries--according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Actors $33,696
- Producers and directors $66,720
The entertainment industry is unpredictable at best--you can be working steadily for years on a TV show or play and all of a sudden be looking for work the next day. It's the energy, creativity and uncertainty of the profession that attracts people to the field.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses