Online Civil Engineering Degrees and Careers
If you are interested in design, architecture, and engineering you might want to consider a degree from a civil engineering college. A degree in civil engineering offers you the chance to work in either the public or private sector. You could work for the forest service, building roads and dams, or you could work for a private company, to oversee construction of a new building. A civil engineering job may involve creating retaining walls, road systems, buildings, sewage systems, bridges and tunnels.
Civil engineers must hold at least a bachelor's degree, and may hold masters or PhDs. A civil engineering degree must be obtained at an engineering college.
A civil engineering program at a civil engineering college may include classes in mathematics, physics, water management, computer modeling and more. People in civil engineering jobs must enjoy working outdoors and with other people, since many civil engineering projects require a lot of collaboration with city planners, architects, and construction crews.
Refine School Matches
Matching School Ads
BS in Aeronautics
Liberty University , Online
- Ranked among top Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked 37th among the Best Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Stands as the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation with 100,000+ students.
- Offers over 230 programs online, from the certificate to the doctoral level.
- Has a student-faculty ratio of 25:1, and 42.3% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits