Online Mechanical Engineering Degrees and Careers
Mechanical engineers must hold at least a bachelor's degree, and may hold masters or PhDs in order to begin a mechanical engineering career. The engineering degree should be obtained at a mechanical engineering college. A mechanical engineering program at a mechanical engineering college may include classes in mathematics, physics, computer modeling and more.
According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook by the US Department of Labor, competitive pressures and advancing technology will force companies to improve and update product designs and to optimize their manufacturing processes.
Employers will rely on engineers to further increase productivity, as investment in plant and equipment increases to expand output of goods and services. Mechanical engineers are the engineers primarily responsible for creating and improving machines and tools used by the manufacturing industry.
People in mechanical engineering careers must enjoy working with machines and with other people, since many mechanical engineering projects require a team of experts to complete.
Refine School Matches
Matching School Ads
BS in Aeronautics
Liberty University , Online
- Ranked among top Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked 37th among the Best Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Stands as the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation with 100,000+ students.
- Offers over 230 programs online, from the certificate to the doctoral level.
- Has a student-faculty ratio of 25:1, and 42.3% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits