Online Automotive & Vehicle Degrees and Careers
There was a time when repairing a typical car was a do-it-yourself proposition. With the growing complexity of modern automotive systems, home repair is quickly becoming a thing of the past. Fixing modern engines requires auto mechanic training. Whether you want to learn a trade or would like to learn the secrets necessary to become a NASCAR mechanic, going to vehicle maintenance and repair school is the first step in achieving your goal.
Even a NASCAR mechanic must begin by learning basic knowledge of preventative maintenance, such as lubrication, tune-ups, and tire rotation, but as students progress, more complex skills are acquired.
Auto mechanic training also includes courses in understanding automotive technology. Students will also learn to diagnose and repair transmissions, fuel systems, electrical systems, brakes, engines, exhaust systems, and other mechanical systems.
Auto mechanic training requires at least a year of dedication to the craft and certificate and degree programs are available through a number of avenues.
Refine School Matches
Matching School Ads
BS in Aeronautics
Liberty University , Online
- Ranked among top Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked 37th among the Best Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Stands as the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation with 100,000+ students.
- Offers over 230 programs online, from the certificate to the doctoral level.
- Has a student-faculty ratio of 25:1, and 42.3% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits