Online HVAC Degrees and Careers
In HVAC jobs, you focus on the installation or the maintenance and repair of furnaces, air-conditioning units, industrial or commercial refrigerating systems or refrigeration equipment.
Education & Career Opportunities in HVAC
As systems are becoming more sophisticated, your chances to land HVAC jobs should increase, if you have obtained technical school training and engaged in a formal apprenticeship. You may train in high school, technical trade schools, community colleges, the military, and apprenticeships. Accrediting agencies, such as HVAC Excellence, issue certifications, while organizations such as Air Conditioning Contractors of America sponsor HVAC apprenticeship programs. You may need a license to practice.
Slightly more than half of HVAC technicians work at plumbing, heating, and air-conditioning contractors. Mean annual wages in 2009 were $43,670, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The estimated rise in HVAC jobs is attributed to repair or replacement of systems, an emphasis in air-quality improvement, an increase in food refrigerators in stores, and the retirement of HVAC professionals.
The job prospects of heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC) mechanics and installers should be excellent in coming years, according to the BLS. Employment growth is expected to be much faster than average--28 percent or by 86,600 positions--between 2008 and 2018, the BLS reports.
- Flexible Online Learning — Career programs designed for anytime learning. Study when you have time and test when you feel ready.
- Accredited and Supported — Regionally and nationally accredited programs with expert instructors available to answer your questions.
- Affordable Tuition — 0% interest and low monthly payment plans.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses