Online Vocational Degree Programs: Kick Your Career into Gear
February 25, 2011
Online degree programs are great for those who have a busy schedule, work responsibilities, family obligations, and no chance to go back to school full-time. Vocational degree programs can give you a practical, real-world education that can allow you to get into a new workforce quickly.
Online Degree Programs: Vocational Programs
There are many vocational programs to choose from through online schools. They might award a certificate, associate's degree, or a bachelor's degree. Here are a few that might interest you:
- Applied Technology. The work of applying technology to everyday problems, this degree can lead to jobs in everything from grant writing to chemical engineering.
- Aviation. The positions available in aviation are as diverse and numerous as planes flying the skies right now.
- Beauty and Cosmetology. Focusing on helping people achieve their beauty goals, this profession allows you to work with many customers.
- Computer Repair. As technology runs full speed ahead, computer repairs are often required to keep up with the pace.
- Transportation. From long-haul truckers to those who run the subway trains, transportation professionals keep the world moving.
- Automobile Repair. Instead of paying those high bills to your mechanic, why not be making that money yourself, and fixing your own cars in the process?
- Electrician. The growth of electrician jobs is expected to be excellent in the coming years. It makes sense--anyone who uses a light switch might find themselves needing an electrician.
- HVAC. Both new, sophisticated heating and cooling systems and those ancient radiators need someone to work on them.
- Plumbing. Working as a plumber ensures plenty of job security, as most people will need to hire a plumber at least once in their lifetime.
- Welding. Welders are in demand for a wide variety of industries, from aviation to auto factories.
Online schools offer vocational programs to suit your required pace. Whether you take a few courses every semester or attend online schools full-time, the vocational degree programs can help you open the door to a bright new future. Start by exploring the benefits of online schools today.