Should I Go Back to School?
Many people choose to finish college or graduate school for a number of reasons. Depending on your situation you may find being motivated to enroll in an online degree program for a number of reasons:
- You would like a promotion.
- You would like to change careers.
- You would like to earn a higher salary or wage.
- You want to stay competitive.
- You consider it a major life goal.
- You would like to set an example for your children.
- You like the idea of having a degree and being considered a well-educated person.
- You enjoy learning.
- You learn best in a controlled structured environment that you can't get on your own.
- You need a degree in order to complete your professional training, i.e. nursing degree or teaching certification.
You'll probably find that many of these desires match your own. Studies have shown that people who have completed their undergraduate education earn significantly more over their life times, experience fewer periods of unemployment, and work less hours overall.
Education is More Important than it Used to Be
Fifty years ago, a college degree was still relatively rare. These days it seems to be the standard for young people. In another 50 years, graduate degrees will most likely be relatively common as well. Many people feel threatened by the reality that education is becoming more of a requirement, but there's no need to feel this way. There are many ways to continue your education, from online courses, to online certificates and online college degrees. Online education is changing the way that adults are continuing their education. Combined with significant work experience, education online can truly enhance your ability to compete and make a true difference in the workplace.
No matter what your reasons for going back to school may be, furthering one's education is rarely a decision anyone regrets. Most graduates say that it was worthwhile experience, and that it has helped them in their professional and personal lives. It's always easier to complete college when you are young and have the momentum, but that doesn't mean that if you are an adult it can't be done.
No day like today to get started!