5 Excellent Reasons to Pursue Bachelor Degree Programs
November 11, 2010
Thinking about that bachelor degree program, but not quite sure you want to take the plunge? There are several reasons why earning your bachelor degree is a good idea. Online schools make it easier than ever to take that good idea and run with it!
Online Bachelor Degree Programs: Five Reasons Why
If you're still on the fence, consider these points that might help you make up your mind:
- Rise above the competition. Surprisingly enough, only about a quarter of all people in the United States hold a bachelor degree. This gives you a competitive edge when you are applying for a job in tight economic times. The time you took to earn that bachelor degree could put your resume on the top of the ever-growing pile.
- Increase your wages. Here's an interesting fact: those who hold a bachelor degree made an average of $23,300 more than a person who had only a high school diploma. Break it down, and that's almost $2,000 per month more. Who couldn't handle a few extra grand?
- Get better job security. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, those who earn a higher degree tend to enjoy lower rates of unemployment. The higher on the educational attainment ladder you go, the better your chances of keeping a job for a long period of time.
- Slam-dunk that promotion. There are few things that say you're ready to play than earning your bachelor's degree while you continue working in your current job. Your employer will see that dedication, and when it is time for the raise or that big promotion, your degree in hand can make all the difference.
- Online schools make it easier. Attending online bachelor degree programs can help you juggle family and work obligations while attending school. Online schools offer flexible schedules and class loads, so you can work through to your degree at your own pace.
Thinking about getting that bachelor degree? Now is the time!